I've always been the person to say, "Let it out. Let it out on me."
Even if I have no fucking idea what to say.
It always helped me to get something out to someone that I loved.
Just looking at my mom and telling her about a bad dream I would start crying, but feel so much better afterwards. I was five and I had discovered the healing powers of speaking.
But.
Things get so complicated. So far, college has been great. I was given a wonderful floor.
It's full of kind friendly people who know how to balance studying and partying and have so much in common with me. It's a sort of family. It's working like one at the moment, at least.
But it is college. And the family has turned incestuous.
Closest friends hook up with love interests and it's everyone for himself when it comes to relationships. It's freshman year, come on.
So I've been told things that I didn't want to hear. But needed to know.
I spent the first half of the day trying to figure out how to continue with my life.
Trying to ignore it with music that wasn't as satisfying, but was also more satisfying in way.
I forgot my iPod at the gym. Fuck?
Not this time. After it, my head was cleared and my body felt, well, better.
When it comes to relationships I've also told myself, "Don't think about it too much. Don't build it up. It makes you nervous."
But here comes the right one. Where I can think about it, get over it, and continue with that person as the person I truly am.
I have a feeling my history is beginning, but it's so complicated.
Stop.
I'm three steps ahead of myself.
I keep saying, "We'll see."
I guess what I'm saying is, take a little time to think about it.
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment