Friday, August 6, 2010

Babe I know you see just how hard it is for me...

For three weeks I've been stuck sick inside a hot house where my parents mannerisms that bug me are just amplified by my frustration with being unable to escape them.

So I'm ready to go back to school. I'm so excited to create my own home in the city. I'll be able to have bits of true privacy and silence every day for the first time in my life. (I guess I'm hoping that will help make this year better, so I don't wander to another school.) I've been overdosing on city movies and shows to try to escape here.

Not that I'm not going to miss Nashville this year. I love the South, for all its rednecks and heat. It's like a new tattoo, I can't get over it. And there's nothing like a friend from home. Sorry, it just can't be beat.

So I'll whore some twang from Athens, Georgia. Frontier Ruckus hasn't been out of my c.d. player since I saw them at The End earlier this summer. What lyrics? Their indie bluegrass concoction is supplemented with poetry. Don't forget to check out their sophomore album, hot off the presses. I should take my own advice here. For a first listen, I suggest Dark Autumn Hour. I'm not uploading.

No comments:

Post a Comment