Here's a little something from middle America, where it's hotter and more humid than the deep South, if that's possible. Scenery here consists of lazily constructed concrete roads and the only thing to take my mind off the heat and suffocating suburban feel is a family so optimistic it's depressing. They may never see better places, but it's all A-OKAY! to them.
The kids are alright, and they seem to like me. Probably because there's something goofy about my face. Anyway, I find it hard to like them back for long. Next thing I know I'm falling asleep and feeling like a grumpy gramps. I can't have kids, it just wouldn't be fair to them.
Meanwhile in the Garden State, my friend Sam spent an entire day without any human to human contact. And we got to thinking how extremely rare that is. Sure I have my alone time, but even then sometimes I'm surrounded by people. One day I want to try that, and I'll make everyone leave me alone. And I mean everyone. How interesting.
I'll leave you with this bit of a beautiful song, which has been in my heart for a while, but I'm thinking of so much now. I'd give you a file, but I'm not on my computer, so this will have to do:
Second verse of Heaven When We're Home by, The Wailin' Jennys
Now I'm getting the vague feeling I've quoted that before...if so, sorry folks.
Be home soon.
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment