Monday, November 15, 2010

Some Bullshit

When I really like someone, I can't listen to love songs. I can't jinx it. Also it grosses me out. Too much cuteness tends to make me laugh. Funny how I used to think I was such a romantic.
I've been in an interesting entanglement lately. No exclusivity, but there have been definite mutual feelings for a while. And we were friends first. It was actually pretty cute/gross.
Sure the terms of this little arrangement were strange, but he just got out of a long relationship. Point is, a few rules of common courtesy were broken. Of course I'm a little hurt and sad things didn't work out, but I can't stop laughing.
Girls tell me, "I'd be crying." And then I conjure up the situation in my head. I can't control the HaHa's. My roommate described it dramatically in Blackberry emoticons. Him: Party, beer, dance, beer, devil. Me: Party, beer, dance, beer, shock, can't watch, talk to the hand, laugh. I laughed more at this. It's just this big joke. Maybe because I know him so well. I can say that he is a good person. Even funnier. I'm literally sitting here giggling with a huge grin on my face.

So I'm not quite ready for love songs yet. He's still in my mind a little too much. And I don't want those two things associated. Though there is one that will always remind me of him.
At least I can say with conviction that I didn't fuck this up. It's on you, son.

Excuses - The Morning Benders
Old, but those lyrics in this situation...plus it's gorgeous past the jangling intro. Strings!

Back to what I'm best at.

No comments:

Post a Comment