Monday, January 3, 2011

Inessential Essentials

Isn't it great when you've got the road to yourself on a cold night? Maybe you'll crack the window and suffer the shivers so you can have a cigarette (or some crack). Like that little burning tip is worth Feels Like 7 with a hefty breeze.
Maybe you crack the window just for the thrill.
Maybe you hug the staring wheel and try to find a pattern in the stars.

I usually catch myself screaming harmonies, fucking them up, checking the backseat in my rear-view as I suddenly get a sense that someone heard me utterly slaughter that song.
Then I laugh at myself, which is the best thing a person can do. It's for everything: the flamboyant belting, the failure, the paranoia.
Then Joy. Always joy.

I think of the few people I could share these moments with completely. And I mean completely.
Then contentment. True contentment.

****

Thoughts on wearing sleeping bags instead of clothes?

No comments:

Post a Comment