Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Thank God for Bean Boots

All I hear about is the weather, because when it's this bad, that's all there is to talk about. Our little minds can't focus on school or exercise or proper nourishment. They go into child mode: all whines and wanting to play.



Though most schools in the city shut down today, BU decided that this ain't nothin'. So students and real people alike were scowling under hoods pounded not only by snow, but by sleet and rain. By 11am knee-high puddles of sludge had formed conveniently at each crosswalk. Sorority girls reported that even their Hunters couldn't tackle these lakes. And some surrounding snow banks were competing in height with lampposts.

Remember when the Mayor of Boston asked MIT to take care of the snow with flamethrowers? Me neither, but I believe it.

I saw a kid skiing to class yesterday. Yep, right down the sidewalk of Comm Ave.

No comments:

Post a Comment