Wednesday, April 20, 2011

You asked for it.


From.

It's almost been so long that it's embarassing, that you'd think this thing is over and good riddance. But I've just been to taxed to have any thoughts worth putting down right about here.

I've decided I'm transferring. I have so many reasons, but there's one reason I'm afraid to talk about, because it risks revealing me as the spoiled bitch I really am. Thing is, I love to wander, and I'm bored to death of this bullshit. I mean I love Nashville to death, so why did I decide to go to school nine hundred miles away in distance, a thousand miles away in culture. Because I'm "liberal" and not blonde? What is wrong with me? Okay okay none of these are/were real reasons, but they flicker into my mind sometimes, and never make me want to have a chat with my subconscious.

I'm not into the school I want to go to yet, but I will keep y'all posted.

The day I knew was the day I saw someone looking at one of the BU maps, some accepted student and her pops looking lost, as they should. Sometimes I would stop, back in the day to help these people, try to demonstrate a little Southern Hospitality. That day I looked at them, turning in circles on the gray street, and thought, "Wait, no. I don't want her to have a good day. I don't want her to come here." It's cold in many ways, and I want to study what I want to study. Not their version of it. I was appalled at myself, but I turned up my music and walked to class. I had it figured out by the end of the day I'd say. And I've been checked out ever since.

When I was leaving Nashville from break, I was grumbling. And my brother just said, "I dunno. Just...remember it's college." And it's amazing how much those words keep coming back. For a person who likes adventures so much, I don't have nearly enough of them. Though I'm still sick of BU bullshit, warm weather and shirking those responsibilities I know too well have made my last little bit so far so good. I'm really gonna miss my friends.

God I missed this, watching my scarred bones move across the keys. My ring gives them that perfect little flash of silver.

My boys wrote a song about me last night, and I'm sure I don't want to hear their honest opinions about my madness, but OMG I'm TOTES their muse. Actually really cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment