Sunday, November 8, 2009

Underneath it All

A few comments:
I don't like girls, because they always have more game and more confidence than me.
I know I can be beautiful, I've seen it recently, and there are so many things I'm grateful for being born with.
I just finished an essay on Sputnik Sweetheart by Haruki Murakami. I was slaving over the conclusion. I couldn't figure out what the point was. I decided finally. He uses this book to ask why people reject the love and beauty right in front of them. At first I was disappointed by his answer, "You're optimistic one moment, only to be racked the next by the certainty that it will all fall to pieces. And in the end it does" (128). Then I realized the point he is making. We have to be brave.
Be brave, be brave, be brave. I've been telling myself, and why is it so hard?
I'm going to do it. And I won't regret it. And it won't fail. (If it does, I'll recover.)
"Want me to rip out my pure heart and show you?" (65) well, I'll do it.

This is what we're searching for. In yet another form. Listen:
No Doubt - Underneath it All

No comments:

Post a Comment