Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Cruel Intentions

I have a friend who cites intention as more important than his actions towards others. To me, that's an extremely insensitive way to go about one's life. It allows one to be careless. I've never hurt someone's feelings on purpose, unless I'm forgetting actions in my distant and immature past. So let's say recently I haven't. But I still do hurt people's feelings on accident occasionally. It breaks my heart. Sure, chock it up to their taking things too personally (suree) or being too sensitive (maybe sometimes), but that doesn't do any good. Their feelings are still hurt and you don't care? Do you honestly not care? I know you, and you care.

My feelings have been hurt unintentionally recently. A fair amount actually, and I'm very sick of it. Today I finally said something and regretted it immediately. The person who insulted me seemed insulted that I felt insulted. Then I felt guilty, but I also didn't feel it was right to take it back, because it's the truth. And if it's making me bitter, maybe subconsciously, she deserves to know. Here's the situation:

Said friend does not chase boys. Boys chase her. She's beautiful and desirable and not a bit self-conscious. So naturally, they flock to her. At this time there are 5 guys that obviously want her, and at least 2 of those are not just purely for sex. But she's was complaining that if boys really do chase her, then, "Why don't they ever want me?" I stopped her. Aww. Hell. Naw. Then proceeded to ask how many boys want me at this point? There was the usual 1/2 second pause, all that's necessary to know that there's no one in my life right now, and there hasn't been in a while. It's become a joke to her. She giggles. I stop her again. And tell her how it really hurts my feelings when she complains that no one wants her, when she KNOWS they do. And when she also KNOWS that no one wants me. In response I get a puppy face and some mumbling about, "I don't understand..." That's because she wasn't thinking. She was being careless and selfish.

No her intentions were not malicious. She's a great friend in all other aspects. And whether she was fishing or not, she carelessly hurt my feelings. I'm not saying I don't want to hear valid complaints from my friends, that's absolutely what I'm here for. But I can't stand it when the crazy hoe side of my girl friends shows.

And maybe you should be very, inentionally careful.

P.S. Riles - I'm sorry if this hurts your feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment