Isn't that what everyone thinks? I don't think there's many people in the world who wake up in the morning (Given that they enjoy fashion, have money to purchase clothing, and aren't having an off day.) and leave the house thinking that they look awful. But have you seen people these days?
Here's what I don't understand. Models. I hope you're thinking skinny? In fact, many model bodies are akin to the male body, wide-shouldered and lacking in female form that emaciation sometimes pronounces. Yet, as I was looking through Givenchy's Spring 2010 line I noticed a few outfits that I've seen before. The silhouette is designed to create hips that models don't have. But I have yet to see a normal bodied woman wearing something like this. I know women who love their curves, and wear things to emphasize them, but I have yet to meet a large hipped woman who wants her hips to be bigger. Here's what I'm talking about, and this idea is definitely not a Givenchy original, but just to illustrate:

I guess there's something strange about the fashion industry insisting that angular women are the ones for the job. And yet designers are creating hips.
I think you're confused. Do you want real women, because there are plenty of those available?

No comments:
Post a Comment