Sunday, May 16, 2010

Stay Awhile

There's something to be said about settling. Especially for a heart that's as restless as mine. This summer, for the first time in a year, my mind is setting up camp here in Nashville.
I never realized before how much every break spent at home AND every long stretch of school still felt like waiting. Neither here nor there.
Of course home is filled with the same old bullshit. So many kids trying way too hard. The rest of us wondering what the fuck is worth trying at.
But at least for the moment I'm pleased, I'm relieved, even. My heart, though it hates to get too tied down, has roots in this rocky ground and the people that belong to it.
Boston, you might have to step it up.
P.S. It's time for pictures. I know, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment