Saturday, May 22, 2010

This Is It

Over the past year, I've been confronted with the possibility of living in a lot of different places. To me the city where I was going to live this year was a huge part of the college process, because I've been stuck in the dusty boonies (Lubbock, TX) and I can't believe I survived it. I'm glad to say that I'm happy with the city I chose. But you know that. Boston is beautiful. It's one of the oldest American cities, steeped in history, but something about it is a little bit European. It might be the traces of colonial England that made me fall in love with it.

Sure when I'm there I'm happy. When I was a wee one I made friends at McDonalds, I'm fairly confident I can make friends anywhere. And I couldn't live an entire year anywhere without a little lovin'. (That's an interesting thought though. Maybe I'll try it when I'm older.) BUT. Myra was so right about that conjunction.

Nashville is better. There. Eat it. I can twang, I can tan, I've got my dogs and friends who know me so well, from another lifetime. Here it's alright to sweat, and it's okay that I have out of control beach hair all the time. Today I chewed up a piece of hay while getting my bronze on and listening to a gang of rednecks get fuckkkkedd upppp. Tomorrow, Take Me To The River.

On another note, this song will blow your speakers to bits. In a good way. I wish I could recommend them more as a band, but this song is the only one that seems to catch.
Tell 'Em - Sleigh Bells

No comments:

Post a Comment