Monday, April 19, 2010

The Room

The way I say this word has changed this year, and not just because I like the way it sounds with a Northern accent. (I just realized, when I go home, people are going to think I can't speak properly. I still twang, but I know the North has seeped in.)
Anyway. The film. The Room. Written, directed, and starred in by Tommy Wiseau to get famous. He claims he's American, none of the movie makes sense, the music is too good, and the same sex scene footage is used twice within fifteen minutes. I was thrown into a fit of confusion and laughter at how bizarre this movie is. And how awful/good that makes it.

Like Rocky Horror, The Room has a cult following. So when I heard Tommy would be in Boston, I had to go and throw spoons at the screen, just to say I'd done it once. Yes I met him. Yes he creeped on me a little. Yes he was wearing the same cargo pants and blazer he wears in the film. And why was he wearing those sunglasses at midnight, or ever, actually?

The ultimate question is: How does he not know that everyone is making so much fun of him?

No comments:

Post a Comment