The search for the timeless is timeless. I don't know that I've ever had a conversation about fashion without an accusation of "fun" when it comes to one trend and the declaration of "timeless" when it comes to another. But you can't be a fan of only one or the other. Everyone loves a little fun, until it's time to get serious.
Then it occurred to me that we're looking in the wrong place. Maybe a splash of fun is truly the only timeless trend, and in that case, it makes perfect sense to go running in circles trying to create the Next Big Thing.
I'm always wondering if I'll still listen to the same stuff when I'm older. Certain cds have already withstood eighteen years, and surely will be worth listening to in 50 more. But what about those that are just kids on the timescale of classic, only four or five years old?
From where I'm standing, time is too fluid for me to tell what I should grab from all the floating arbitrary hype.
What's funny is how what's really important is the easiest thing to grasp but how many times I watch it float by with vague interest anyway.
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment