Sunday, April 4, 2010

Sundried

I don't love BU right now. For the most part I find freshmen to be self-absorbed, material-obsessed, overeager, boy-crazy, and immature. I'm getting sick of this grade-school bullshit. I'm tired of endless high-pitched giggling. I'm tired of talking about nothing. Alright, I hate girls. But still. It's getting to the point where even "conversations of depth" are somewhat shallow.

Speaking of shallow, lately I've been all about fashion, but also being outside, enjoying food, coffee. I've been talking walks. Trying to stay sane. I've been trying to disconnect myself from everything. From one of my roommates getting mad at me for something so small. From her never taking my advice and continuing to set herself up to make the same mistakes.

There are definitely some great people here, some keepers. And this city, always pullin' at my heartstrings. But I've been seriously considering going my own way next year, or as soon as possible. As lonely as I feel in this city of 600K(plus) people, sometimes I feel like I'm the only one I can stand. I can't wait to cook my own meals. Start and end each day with a full record, as loud as I want (singing and dancing included). Set the temperature in my place. Walk around in almost nothing. Be able to be the only one in the room for the majority of the time I'm there.

It's 80 degrees and my cheeks are sunkissed. But my soul feels a little dried out. I'm a big fan of the sun dried tomato, when done right. But they are sort of sad little bits, no?
A presto, con amore.

No comments:

Post a Comment